Peace of the mind

 Autumn is finally here, my favorite season. It isn’t too warm or too cold, you can wear sweaters and hoodies, drink thea, read a book with a blanket. I love the vibe its just very calming, I love it. I noticed autumn is popular amongst autistic people since the light doesn’t give us a sensory overload and the wind is a perfect breeze (most of the times)


Talking about the wind. Saturday I went to a place with horses nearby me, but with very flat lands the wind isn’t going easy on you. I don’t like it when the wind is going too hard, especially on the bike. I get overstimulated if the wind is too hard and loud. Its also just too cold. We went on the bike by the way.


But back to autumn. I love the rain and the cozy vibe it gives, makes me wanna go to a bookshop and just search around or a vinyl store, then I want to go home and make some thea and sit calmly with a nice series on. It gives me a peace of the mind :)


I’ve noticed I’m slowly accepting a quiet life. I don’t have many friends and see them as much, but I still adore them and I can message them whenever I want to, especially with overstimulation I don’t respond to my friends or I’m not on my phone at all. I’m just with some music on with my eyes closed and my room dark, taking some rest. With a quiet life you don’t have drama as much or struggles, everything is just peacefull. I think I need a quiet life to unmask and unlearn my people pleasing habbit. Things take time and I’m actually a very impatient person, but sadly things don’t suddenly come your way. You either have to wait or work for it.


I've noticed writing or drawing my feelings out actually helps. I’m a stubborn person most of the time (im self-aware) and If someone gives me advice and I have not tried it, but I know it won’t work for me then I just won’t do it. Lately I’ve been trying to set my mind open to things, starting with writing and it works! So I’m glad for that. Drawing used to work aswell, but I used to draw on a tablet with a stencil I don’t have anymore. And I know people will say “Then draw on your phone!” I do, sometimes, but your fingers will just hurt after a while and you lose motivation after a while sometimes. Plus my phone screen is just too small and unhandy for me to draw on mostly. I know there is also paper, but sometimes I can’t always find my pencil or eraser. I prefer drawing on a tablet, I think most artists do.


I have a lot of hobbies I wanna do that are expensive, like playing electric guitar or drawing on a tablet. But for now, I’m happy with my computer and in the future I can get a electric guitar or drawing tablet. Soon I also really wanna get back to playing Zelda breath of the wild on the Nitendo switch.

Do you play any games? Or what helps you to get a peacefull mind? :)





Comments